Indian Online Sports Betting Guide
Sports Betting has taken over the world recently and in the country of India, sports events are celebrated extravagantly and pretty much in the same fashion as a parade or festival. Being one of the biggest countries in the world and having a huge passion for sports, India is the perfect target audience for any sportsbook. In this informative page, we will be teaching you everything there is to know about Sports betting in India.
For many years betting has been a popular feature which many people have taken advantage of in the hope of winning some big money but in more recent years, sports betting has been on the rise and more so in India where the majority of people are regarded as passionate sports lovers, especially when it comes to sports such as Cricket and Hockey!
Is Online Sports Betting Legal in India?
Betting online doesn’t have the same laws worldwide and each country is slightly different. This is an important question which many people have been asking us and we are here to break it down and explain the answer to you.
Gambling and Betting is currently illegal around most parts of India, however Online Sports Betting in India has not been classed as an illegal activity and people who do bet on sports online in India cannot legally get in trouble as there is no law which states it cannot be done.
Online sports betting fans in India can legally deposit and withdraw funds on online sportsbooks such as Bet365 without facing any consequences. At this current time, Indian Debit Cards cannot be used. So be sure to enjoy sports betting online because you can…after all, it is legal!
India’s Favourite Sports to Bet On:
At this current time, Betting is illegal in most parts of India however there is no law which currently states that online sports betting is illegal. We currently live in a generation where sports betting has become truly phenomenal and every single day millions of online sports bets are placed all across the world and this has been made much easier for people to do due to the top technology that is available now, such as mobile phones, desktops and tablets which can all run online sportsbooks through betting apps or the browser.
India is one of the largest countries in the world and the population is forever expanding. With a population of over 1.338 billion, plenty of sports and a world renowned cricket team, it is fair to say that there is certainly more than a fair share of sports betting fans in India.
If you have always been interested in sports betting in India then you have come to exactly the right place because on this page, we are going to give you all the information you need. There really is so much to cover on this topic and we think that it would be best to start off with the most popular sports that the people of India bet on.
- Cricket: No country can even come close to India for Cricket. Cricket has been the most popular sport in India for as long as I can remember and the obsession and loyalty that the Indians have shown to this awesome sport is truly tremendous! With their own cricket league (IPL) being regarded as the best in the world and a national team that is also classed as the very best cricket team to ever exist, it is clear to see why india has fallen in love with this sport so much. Over recent years, India has produced some true Cricket greats, including Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli and M.S Dhoni and in my opinion the love for cricket in India is only going to grow and I can see the sports betting on cricket in india increasing massively!
- Football: Football is the most popular sport in the world and this game is played and followed by billions of people all over the world. Despite not being as big as Cricket, Football in India is certainly on the rise and with the establishment of their own football league and a national football team who are showing impressive qualities, I can see Football certainly reaching the same levels as Cricket in India sooner rather than later. When it comes to Football betting, there are so many options and markets for punters to choose from so it is fair to say that Indian sports bettors surely have a splendid time when betting on the Football!
- Wrestling: This may come as a surprise to some but wrestling in India has always been popular but has never really received the limelight and attention as much as cricket. India won gold in wrestling at the 2008 Olympics and with the rise of many stars and countless wrestling events being broadcasted in India all throughout the year, it is almost certain that sports betting on this extravagant sport is something which the Indians take very seriously!
Choosing the Best Indian Sportsbook
As promised, we are here to give you all the best information about Sports Betting in India and we also want to help you out so you feel confident when you decide to start betting. Listed below are the top 5 things you should look out for when signing up to an Indian sportsbook.
- Wide range of payment methods to choose from.
- Big welcome bonuses and enticing promotions.
- Various methods of 24/7 player support. (Email, live chat, telephone)
- High payout ratios. Good odds.
- Fast Withdrawals.
Deposit Options for Indian Sports Bettors:
The industry of online sports betting is extremely competitive and these days various different sportsbooks aim to provide top features in order to entice new potential punters to sign up with them.
One of the best ways to make your sportsbook standout is by offering a good range of deposit options and the majority of Indian sportsbooks have noticed this and have infact decided to accept a good range of payment methods. Listed below are some of the most commonly used payment methods which you can expect to see on an Indian sportsbook.
- Debit Card
- Visa Debit Card
- Bank Transfer