PayPal Company History:
1998 – PayPal was founded.
1999 – PayPal is launched to the public.
2000 – Elon Musk steps down as CEO.
2001 – PayPal introduces paid accounts for buyers and sellers that require verification and offer guarantees against fraud.
2002 – eBay acquires PayPal.
2008 – PayPal acquires Bill Me Later.
2009 – PayPal opens its platform, allowing other services to get access to its code and to use its infrastructure in order to enable peer-to-peer online transactions.
2010 – PayPal removes the electronic withdrawal option for users in India.
2011 – PayPal reaches 100 million users.
2012 – PayPal rebrands its services for small businesses as PayPal Payments and debuts a number of online, offline, and mobile payment options.
2013 – PayPal launches support for prepaid gift cards, just in time for the 2013 holiday shopping season.
2014 – PayPal launches Passport, a service aimed at facilitating international sales by merchants.
2015 – Paydiant & FIS launch Cashless Card Access.
2016 – PayPal launches redesign of PayPal App.
Is it Safe and Legal to use PayPal with UK Betting Sites:
PayPal is a well – established company who have been operating for over 15 years and are renowned for their reliable and trustworthy services that they offer/provide to users. PayPal can be used for all sorts of purchases and on Betting sites too. In addition to this, PayPal is completely legal and is just like any other method of payment you may use. If your selected Online Betting Site states that they accept PayPal, then that means that it is legal and allowed to use PayPal as a betting license and agreement from the company is valid. One of the star features about PayPal betting sites is their safety and that is what they pride themselves on. PayPal even offer fraud protection and ensure that any user who is scammed or is a victim of fraud will be reimbursed. PayPal are also renowned for advertising their safety features. Another thing to consider is that PayPal don’t require their users to enter private information such as their bank details for every transaction that is made. Due to this, PayPal has been regarded as one of the safest and securest methods of payment.
What do I do if I don’t have a PayPal account?
- Once you are on your bookmaker account, head to the ‘deposit page’.
- Select ‘PayPal’ as your preferred payment option.
- Enter the amount of money you want to deposit onto the account.
- Click the ‘Deposit’ tab.
- From here, the user will be taken to the PayPal home page where they will have the chance to create an account.
- The Payment will now need to be authorised.
- That is all! You are good to go!
PayPal Mobile Betting:
Another brilliant advantage about banking via PayPal is the fact that PayPal have a mobile phone app which has everything that the PayPal site has. The phone app is available for both iOS and Android devices and it is free to download. In recent years, online betting sites have been launching apps as it is more convenient to use for those who want to bet but are on the go. The PayPal app is a fabulous idea which really has taken off!
Pros and Cons of PayPal:
As with any method of payment, there is always going to be pros and cons so we have list a few of the most important ones that we feel you should consider about PayPal.
- PayPal is renowned for the safety and security that they offer to their users and this is one of the main reasons why they are so popular.
- Fast, Safe and Convenient. On PayPal betting sites, there is no need for the user to fill out their personal information such as bank details. In addition to this, depositing and paying via PayPal is significantly fast.
- Very good customer service. PayPal offer excellent customer service methods to their users.
- At the moment, PayPal is not supported in all Countries.
- Not all Online Betting Sites accept PayPal.
- It may take up to 4 days for withdrawn funds to clear in the user’s bank account.
Why is PayPal a good payment option for punters?
As you probably are aware, PayPal is one of the most well-known and popular payment methods and they are very popular because of the safety. In terms of online betting, PayPal has become one of the giants in terms of payment, along with Neteller, Visa and Debit Cards. In recent years, E-Wallets have become one of the most popular methods of payments and PayPal is one of these popular E-Wallet methods. Another reason why PayPal betting sites are so popular is because of the convenience, users can bet and deposit by the tap of their phone.
Top Online Bookmakers that accept PayPal:
With so many Online Bookmakers out there that accept PayPal, it can be difficult to decide on who to bet with because of the huge range of options that is available! To give you a helping hand, we have decided to create a list of some of the best Online Bookmakers that accept PayPal. This list is displayed below;